Want to surprise your family this weekend with Sushi and looking for an easy Sushi recipe on the internet, then you have come to the right page.
As in this article, we will be giving out easy and to-the-point steps to make sushi at home. This recipe is inspired by all you can eat sushi restaurants in Las Vegas
For your better understanding and ease, we have divided the steps to make sushi into three parts.
- Rice Cooking
- Preparing Fillings
- Making the Roll
- To make Sushi, start with straining 400g which is 2 cups of Sushi rice under cold running water. As it is vital to make an appealing and delicious Sushi that Rice gets cleaned properly.
- After that, you have to pour water and rice in a 3:2 ratio in a saucepan, making sure that the quantity of water is more than the rice present in the saucepan.
- As Sushi rice urges for more water because it is very absorbent and if you don’t put the required water into the rice, it will be dry despite being fluffy.
- Now you have to cover the Saucepan and wait for 10 mins till it absorbs the water.
- Next, you have to add 4 tablespoons of Rice vinegar, ¼ cup of white sugar, and 1 tablespoon of salt together in a separate bowl and mix it well till the sugar and salt get dissolved completely.
- Now, you have cool up the rice which you can do so by scooping it on a flat tray or into a big bowl.
- To make it cool, you can also use a damp towel or a fan to fasten the cooling process. Note:- Just make sure you don’t leave the cooked rice out for more than 2 hours as it gets spoiled after that.
- Lastly, you have to mix that Vinegar solution that you have made into the rice after it gets cooled down to add up the flavor to it.
- Now start with choosing Salmon or tuna as it is the most common raw fish used to make sushi.
- It was advised to leave the fresh or raw fish in the freezer for 24 hours to keep it away from any sort of parasites.
- Next, you have to grab a can of cooked seafood such as crab or cooked eel for the fillings. You can also consider cooked Shrimp if you don’t very fond of Raw fish.
- After that, to enhance the flavor, rub oily fish with salt and vinegar and leave it for 30 minutes, so that the Salt gets soaked well.
- Now, chop off the vegetables into small ribbons like cucumbers and carrots, and other fresh vegetables to add texture and additional nutrition to your sushi.
- it’s time to check your Tuna or crab and remove all the undesired elements such as shells or sinew so that it doesn’t spoil the pleasure of eating the Sushi.
- In this step, you have to chop off the fish into long and narrow pieces.
- try to keep the pieces 0.25 in (0.64cm) wide and 4 in (10cm), so that it fits appropriately into the center of the Sushi roll.
- After that, slice the vegetables into thin & narrow strips and add freshly sliced Avocado into 0.24 thick pieces as they are much malleable when stuffed in a sushi roll.
- You can also try out creative sushi fillings by adding different vegetables.
- To form rolls, place one piece of Nori onto a mat. Nori sheets come in packs due to which you can make a lot of sushi in a single go.
- All you need to make sure is that it gets completely flat.
- Now, you have to put ½ to 1 cup which is (100-200) gm of sushi rice over the Nori sheet.
- you have to arrange rice along the surface of the Nori and continue till the seaweed is covered in a thin coating of rice.
- In this step, all you have to do is place the ingredients on the top of the lengthwise.
- Now, roll the bamboo mat only 0.25 to 1 inch of Nori is visible.
- You have to roll it like a piece of paper or cloth and once you have come to the no rice section, stop rolling the bamboo.
- To form sushi rolls, now you have to squeeze the top and sides of the bamboo mat. Keep pinching and squeezing until you get the desired sushi looks.
- Lastly, Remove the Bamboo mat off the Sushi and slice it into 6 equal parts and serve it to your family or guests
Read More: How to book a Tatkal ticket successfully?