As you know, cleanliness is necessary for everything to make it good and for long-term use. The same goes for every leather work boot. You badly need to wash your shoes at some particular point because they look very unpleasant and you cannot wear them. Unhygienic problems also arise if you do not pay proper attention to them. Are you finding the right way to clean and properly wash the leather work boots? You are at the right place. Whether you are wearing tall combat boots or any other kind of work boots that are not easy to clean, we have gathered a handful of knowledge on how to wash the work boots so that everyone finds it easy and does this independently.
It is evident that when you work, your boots will get in so much dirt, and when your work is on a construction site, the chances of getting mud in your shoes are so high. That’s why the inner cleaning and the outer cleaning are also very important for your boots.
Let’s find out the easiest way to clean your boots.
The best and easy tips to clean the work boots
It’s essential to clean the boots from the outside and the inside for proper usage. Here are the best cleaning tips for you.
Cleaning smelly work boots with soda and lemon
It is impossible to wear smelly boots at your workplace; not even you but your co-workers don’t feel comfortable working with them. You have to use baking soda and lemon to get rid of your work boots’ smell of frustration.
You need to follow the following guidelines to clean your stinky boots with baking soda.
- Take at least 1 to 2 tablespoons of baking soda, depending on the size of the boots.
- Put on the baking soda on the hell parts of the boots.
- It will help spread the baking soda all around the insole to cover up the entire shole insole.
- Leave it for the whole night and see in the morning. Clean all the baking soda, and the smell will be gone. It looks fresh as new.
Another way of getting rid of the unpleasant smell of your work boots is to use lemon peel. It has the penchant for making your shoes look fresh and removing the odour entirely because of the citrus fruit and anti-bacterial. You must leave the lemon peels inside the sole, spreading them equally. Then after one night, you will surely see great results.
Washing boots from inside and outside
You can easily wash your boots from the inside and the outside without any problem. You can easily take care of your boots from household items.
Here is a guide for you on how to wash the boots?
Try baking soda: Baking soda is one of the best essentials for cleaning anything. It is convenient to buy and significantly cheaper. You can use it to clean your boots.
- First, take off the mud from your boots by washing it with soap water.
- When you are done cleaning mud thoroughly from your pairs of boots, rub a smooth piece of cloth on the entire surface to make it completely dry.
- Leave the baking soda on both sides of the soles to see the expected results.
Toothpaste for cleaning: it is the best way to get rid of the scuff marks on the surface of your boots and make your shoes as good as new. Toothpaste is always available in our homes and is easy to use. You have to simply apply the toothpaste on the overall surface of the boots and gently rub it with a cloth or towel to remove the scuff marks to get better results. You have to wait for a few hours to get your boots clean.
Washing boots in the washing machine
It can be threatening for you if you wash work boots in your washing machines; getting proper knowledge about it is very important to save yourself from danger. A single little mistake can be turned into a horrible result. You need to follow the instruction for better results.
- Before putting your boots in the washing machine, make sure that there are no laces. Use washing bags to amke them separate from each other.
- You can use any old toothbrush or brush to clean the grunge and grime.
- To balance the shoes from smashing inside the water, you have to tangle the boots with at least two towels.
- You need to run the washer on a cold cycle (Never hot) with a liquid detergent. And set a timer for 30 to 40 minutes.
- After washing, make sure to put them in the sun to dry properly.
Caution: always make sure that you never dry the boots with any dryer because it ruins your boot’s material.
You need to take care of your footwear. After that, they would undoubtedly take care of you. Always strive to follow the instructions that have been described so that you will not destroy your boot’s leather, and your brown combat boots will continually be reminded as the same as new after washing them.