Are you a fan of video games? Do you plan to build a multitasking and gaming PC using the Ryzen processor? You have to choose the right motherboard for your AMD Ryzen 9 3000 series processor. So, we have compiled the top options to help you choose the right X570 motherboard for your 3900X.
AMD’s last third-generation Ryzen processor is the Ryzen 9 3900X. It has been surpassed only by the Ryzen 9 3950X which has 16 cores, 32 threads, and AMD’s Ryzen 9 3950X. This 12-core CPU is excellent for work but also makes a good gamer. Next-gen consoles will bring more cores and threads to the table, so it will only get better.
This blog will discuss the top X570 ATX and micro ATX motherboards currently on the market. The new X570 chipset motherboard features a newer 4.0 gen slot PCIe slot, which is more future-proof in 2021. You also get more than one M.2 port to store SSD storage devices, while the new X570 boards offer better technology in terms of Gigabit LAN chips.
1. Premium Motherboard for Ryzen9 3900X – ASUS ROG Strix Gaming X570-E Gaming
Its aesthetics will be the first thing you notice about this Asus ROG Strix X570E gaming. This board is a continuation of what we’ve seen historically with the ROG and Strict series motherboards. The board features a monochromatic, clean color scheme to allow you to specify the build. This can be done through integrated RGB lighting, or by the accessories that will be added to your system.
The Asus Rog Strix motherboard has a cooler environment and a more linear power delivery. This will be the main propellant of Ryzen 9 3900X. There are 8 SATA ports available for storage, and dual M.2 connectors to speed up storage access. Wireless connectivity is the most important feature, with Bluetooth 5 and Wi-Fi 6 support.
The Asus ROG Strix Gaming Experts high-end motherboard features dedicated software that allows you to adjust the RGB lighting effect as well as all other components such as overclocking control and firmware control. This will allow you to keep your system cool and maximize its performance. It is the best motherboard for the 3900X.
The Key Features
- This motherboard has an ATX (Advanced Technology Extended) form factor.
- It supports Radeon Vega integrated Ryzen 1st, 2nd gen Ryzen and Ryzen Desktop processors on the AM4 socket.
- It is equipped with an AMD X570 chipset.
- 4 x DDR4 DIMM Dual Channel RAM Slots Supporting up to 128GB (Overclockable up to 4400 MHz).
- HDMI & Display Port supports 4K video output at a 60 Hz refresh speed.
- It features 2 PCIe slots 4.0×16, 2-3.0PCIeX16 slot and 1 PCIe4.0x16 (maximum at x4 mode).
- It features dual M.2 ports and an M key.
- It has 8 SATA ports (6 gigabits each second)
- This Asus board includes an Intel I211 AT Gigabit controller and a Realtek LAN controller.
- It also supports Intel Wi-Fi 6 (dual band).
- SupremeFX 8-channel HD audio driver.
- It has 1x USB BIOS Flashback Buttons, 1x DisplayPort, and 1x Optical SPDIF out. There are also 5 x Audio Jacks, 1x Anti-surge 2.5G Ethernet port, 1x ASUS WiFi Module, 7x USB 3.2Gen 2 ports (Type A), 1x USB 3.0 Gen 2 USB ports(Type-C), and 1x HDMI.
This is it for the board. Let’s now discuss the Pros and the Cons of this motherboard.
- Heatsinks are available for both M.2 SSD slots.
- It supports CrossFire technology in 3-way and 2-way SLI Multi graphics cards.
- Anti-surge technology and ROG GameFirst technology.
- It features 5-Way Optimization and automated system-wide tuning.
- Overclocking and cooling thermal design.
- Massive heatsinks
- Wi-Fi 6 support.
- UEFI BIOS.
- In addition to Sonic Studio 3, the SupremeFX S1220 audio processor can be used.
- It supports dual-band Wi-Fi 6 as well as Bluetooth 5.
- The motherboard’s price is quite high.
- This board does not have a Q connector.
ROG stands for the Republic of Gaming, and the Asus Rog series of motherboards were made with that in mind. You will enjoy the best gaming performance with all of the top-notch specifications. It can also handle overclocking your Ryzen CPU very easily, giving you the best results. This motherboard is the best for Ryzen 9 3900X.
2. Best ATX Motherboard for Ryzen9 3900X – The GigabyteX570 Aorus Elite
This Gigabyte X570 board is very affordable. The board features RGB Fusion lighting that enhances its appearance. These motherboards can support both the newest-generation Ryzen CPUs, such as the 5000 Series Processors and older-generation Ryzen CPUs such as the 3000 Series Processors or 2000 Series Processors. It is therefore a very popular motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900X.
The board features AND Store MI technology, which speeds up storage devices to reduce boot times and improve the user experience. The board features a 5-watt smart fan for cooling, which is extremely durable. This board features a complete PCIe 4.0 design. This ATX motherboard delivers exceptional performance in comprehensive cooling and has linear power phases.
This board is compatible with Ryzen 5000, 3000 series, and Ryzen 9 3900X CPUs. For faster storage connectivity, you will receive a PCIe Gen 4.0 NVMeM.2 SSD slots. The heatsink’s noiseless delta design ensures better cooling efficiency. Six Gigabits per second speed and six SATA ports are available, which is enough to support your traditional hard-disk drive.
The Key Features
- This motherboard is an ATX form factor.
- It supports Ryzen 5000 Series/ Ryzen 5000 G Series/ 3rd Generation/ 2nd Generation processors for the AM4 socket.
- It is equipped with an AMD X570 chipset.
- There are 4 DDR4 DIMM sockets that can support up to 128GB. It supports AMD Ryzen 5000 series CPUs and 3rd Generation CPUs up to 4400 MHz (O.C).
- It has 1 HDMI 2.0 port that supports video output at a maximum resolution 4K at a 60Hz refresh rate.
- It includes 1 PCIe 4.0 x16 and 1 PCIe 3.0×16 (maximum at x 8 modes), 2 PCIe slots 4.0/3.0×1 and 1 PCIe.0x16 expansion slot.
- It comes with 1 PCIe 4.0 M.2 Port and an M Key.
- It boasts 6 SATA ports (6 gigabits each second).
- It includes an Intel GbE Ethernet LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit) and a LAN controller.
- You also get Wi-Fi 802.11 (a/b/g/ac) support (dual band).
- Realtek ALC1200 codec 5.1-channel HD audio driver.
- It has 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports and 2 x SMA antenna connectors (1T1R), 1 x HDMI Port, 4 x USB 3.2 Generation 1 ports, 2 x USB 3.2Gen 2 Type-A ports(red), 1 x RJ45 port, 1 x optical S/PDIF out connector, 5 x audio jacks.
This is it for the board. Let’s now discuss the Pros and then the Cons of this motherboard.
- RGB FUSION 2.0 comes with addressable RGB headers
- It features five fan heads that are hybrid fans.
- Multiple temperature sensors.
- VRM Solution (12+2 Phases) Digital
- Heatsink design with an advanced enlarger.
- Audio capacitors of high quality.
- Wi-Fi support.
- There is not much choice in terms of connectivity.
- There is no SLI support.
It is a top-quality motherboard at a reasonable price. It has excellent surround sound systems that can be used for media consumption and even some gaming.
3. Flagship motherboard for Ryzen9 3900X – MSI 570 Edge WiFi
The board features a black server-grade, PCB design that gives it a great look. The board also features RGB Mystic lighting to improve its overall appearance. This board is VRM-wise, no problem. The fan inside the chipset makes no noise. This board has core boost technology to maximize performance.
The BIOS-wise MSI boards are excellent because they have a simple design and good functionality. The board can handle RAM clocking at 3600 MHz with no problems. You won’t have any issues with the audio or LAN networks if you are a gamer.
The board features user-friendly Dragon Center software that includes MSI tools such as voice boost, ambient link, live update, and gaming mode. This X570 maintains the Ryzen 9 3900X’s raw horsepower.
The Key Features
- This motherboard is equipped with the ATX form factor (30.4 cm x 14.3cm).
- It also includes an AM4 socket.
- It supports the AMD X570 Chipset.
- The device comes with four dual-channel DDR4 slots, which can support up to 128GB RAM (1866MHz-4400MHz (O.C.)).
- It has a 1x HDMI port for graphics. This port supports a resolution of 4096×2160 and a frame rate of 24 Hz.
- It includes 2 PCIe 4.x16 expansion slots and 3 PCIe 3.0 x1 expansion slots.
- It also includes a Realtek HD audio codec, the ALC1220 HD.
- It is equipped with a Realtek 8111H Gigabit LAN Controller.
- This board has 4 SATA ports and Dual M.2 slots (key).
- It has a keyboard or mouse, USB 3.2 Type-A Type-A ports, LAN connectors, Audio Connectors, and Flash BIOS button.
These are the main features of this board. Let’s now discuss the pros and cons of this motherboard.
- Support for Bluetooth 5.0 and WIFI.
- Good audio output.
- There are many connectivity options available.
- The BIOS user interface is simple.
- AMD CrossFireX support.
- This board is difficult to self-assemble.
- SLI technology is not supported.
The MSI motherboard is very affordable in terms of gaming, audio output, and connectivity. If you need to overclock the Ryzen 9 3900X CPU, it will handle that seamlessly and provide a rich and enjoyable experience. This motherboard is a top choice for Ryzen 9 3900X due to its many features and additional PCIe slots.
Guide to Motherboard Shopping for Best Motherboards For 3900X
You should take into consideration certain points and all features when you are looking for the best motherboards. You might not be able to upgrade your hardware if there are no options. It is highly recommended that you follow a dedicated buying guide to get the best motherboard Ryzen3900 build.
Ryzen 9 3900X can be a power-hungry part. You should consider the X570 board with the chipset fan and chipset heatsinks if you are a power user. This high-quality component will provide outstanding performance.
There are basically two types of form factor motherboards. There are two types of form factors: ATX (Advanced Technology Extended) and Micro ATX (Micro Advanced Technology Extended). ATX is a full-size motherboard. You will find all standard ports, DIMM slots, and expansion slots as well as USB ports on this board.
The Micro ATX motherboard, on the other hand, is smaller than the ATX motherboard. This means that you will have fewer ports, expansion slots, and USB ports. These are the ATX pros. Mini ITX motherboards are also available. This mini ITX compatible motherboard has less connectivity, USB ports, and multi GPU support. It also features fins array heatsinks, VRM heatsinks, and USB connectivity. For high performance, the ATX and Micro ATX motherboards are recommended for PC gamers.
When building your gaming computer, RAM (or memory device) is an important component. One question that will be asked is how much RAM you need. To enhance the performance of your motherboard, you will need a dual-channel architecture if you plan to stream and play games simultaneously.
Memory overclocking is essential for power users. These features are available in the X570 chipset motherboard. You can increase the RAM to up to 128GB, and you also have a dual-channel system. This allows you to enjoy the fastest memory speed possible. If you wish, you can also boost system performance and overclock the memory speed.
When buying a new motherboard to support the Ryzen 3900 processor, expansion sockets are a must. Ryzen 9 3900X requires a discrete GPU to run the system. It is a PCIe gen4-ready CPU and doesn’t include the integrated Vega graphics processing processor. You will need one or more graphics cards if you play games or use your computer for video editing. Each X570 chipset motherboard will have the PCIe slots 4.0 x16 or 3.0 x16 slots for the graphics card interface. You can also find the x8, 4, and 1 for expansions such as sound cards, capture cards, or network cards.
Storage is a critical issue for all users today. For faster boot-up, they use multiple M.2 SSDs and more than one traditional hard drive to store their media files. We need to transfer data faster using the latest 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A USB ports, Type C USB ports, or the Thunderbolt 3 and Thunderbolt 4 ports on our X570 motherboard I/O panels. These features should be considered when purchasing the new X570 motherboard to Ryzen 9 3900X.
You will be very pleased to have Aura sync RGB lighting or dedicated RGB headers built into your motherboards if you are an enthusiast. Power users who want to achieve stable overclocking should get a higher quality VRM and heatsinks digital controller for their PWM controller.
A quality cooling system is essential for mainstream desktop computing to achieve better performance. Your X570 motherboard has additional impressive features such as Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, leading digital publishers, and power phases.
These are the key features, or the buying guide, that you need to consider when buying a gaming motherboard or premium motherboard for Ryzen9 3900X CPU.
We’ve selected the top motherboards for AMD Ryzen9 3900X. The best features such as form factor, slots, ports, and memory were selected. If you pick one of the listed options, it will be the best choice for your build.