Multani mitti is also known as Fuller’s Earth or Calcium Bentonite Clay. It is a highly absorbent natural substance that powerfully absorbs oil, dirt, grime and impurities trapped deep inside skin pores. The clay would work best for you if you have oily skin. If you have dry skin, you can combine it with any hydrating natural substances like honey, yoghurt, rose water, etc. for getting an oil balanced super-clean skin. For best results try using bio-organic Multani mitti powder.
What is bio-organic Multani mitti powder? How is it different from ordinary Multani mitti powder?
Indus Valley Bio-organic Multani mitti powder is the purest form of Multani mitti that you can get in the market. It is collected from nature with extreme care, cleaned to remove all impurities and then packed without any artificial preservatives, fragrances or colourants. Bio-organic Multani mitti powder also comes as a triple-sifted microfine powder, which does not form lumps even after prolonged packaging. It mixes easily into a smooth fine paste.
Ordinary Multani mitti is the raw form of the clay which comes as hard lumps which are difficult to work with. It also has many impurities mixed in it which could prove to be toxic for the skin and body.
The top 4 benefits of multani mitti:
- Dries up acne and pimples effectively
The exfoliating and astringent properties of Multani mitti allow it to dry up acne and pimples very efficiently. It calms inflammation and absorbs excess sebum (skin’s natural oil), dead skin cells, dirt and grime in the affected areas. Its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties help dry up breakouts quickly.
- Will lighten up your scars and blemishe
As an efficient cleanser Multani mitti pulls out even the blackheads, whiteheads and spots, lightens blemishes and smoothens out skin freckles resulting in a softer, suppler and younger-looking skin.
- Give you an even-toned, fairer skin
Regular use of Multani mitti also helps lighten up excess pigmentation from the skin, heal scars and reduce skin tan, thus ensuring that you have a clean, fair and glowing skin.
- Will cleanse your scalp and reduce dandruff
Multani comes super-enriched with multiple minerals that help hydrate the scalp and also prevent flakiness and dandruff, allowing your hair to become healthy and voluminous. On regular usage this may also result in increasing hair growth and repairing hair and scalp damage.
- Condition dry hair and add hair shine
You can make many interesting hair masks by adding natural ingredients like eggs, amla powder, hibiscus powder, aloe vera gel or curd to condition your hair and add shine and lustre to your locks. But before trying out any such packs make sure to do a little bit of background research on such combinations.
Mentioned below is a compilation of a few interesting, time-tested and well-researched DIY face packs for your convenience:
- For Skin Glow: Mix multani mitti with some sandalwood powder, almond powder, calamine clay, rose petals powder, rosemary essential oil and rose water. Stir well to make a thick smooth paste of honey-like consistency. Then apply it on your pre-cleaned face and skin. For more details on this powerful face pack, click here.
- For Oil Balanced Skin: Use this brilliant ancient face pack if you have a dry skin. Mix multani mitti with sandalwood powder, almond powder, calamine clay, almond oil, rose water and tea tree essential oil. Stir well to make a thick smooth paste of honey-like consistency. Apply on your pre-cleaned face and skin. Get more details on this wonderful face pack here.
- For Skin Detoxification: When you mix multani mitti with some sandalwood powder, almond powder, calamine clay, activated wood charcoal, aloe vera gel and peppermint essential oil you get a brilliant skin detox face pack. Get more details on this out-of-the-box face pack here.
- For Brightening Complexion: When you mix multani mitti with mulethi powder you get a brilliant skin fairness face pack. Add to it some sandalwood powder, almond powder, calamine clay, orange powder and some water to make a thick smooth paste. Get more details on this face pack by clicking here.
- For hair conditioning and shine: Make a smooth fine paste by mixing multani mitti powder with some eggs or amla powder and some curd. Apply it thoroughly on your hair and scalp and keep it for 30 minutes. Wash it off with normal water.
If you go by user reviews, then Indus Valley Bio-Organic Multani Mitti Powder comes out as 100% pure and natural. It has no added chemicals and suits all skin types.
Share your insights and experiences through your comments below. There are many other ways to use multani mitti as well. Find out all about them by speaking with a beauty expert here. Express your interest below. Till then, stay beautiful, stay natural!